Wednesday, December 2, 2015

iPad Pro - Where the Frak is my Pencil?

Yes, I did get an iPad Pro.  

Quick Review: It's a bigger, faster, better sounding iPad.  Make your purchasing decisions based on that.  The enticement for me is 40% larger iPad and 60% Apple Pencil.  

I ordered the pencil at the same time I ordered the iPad.  I received the iPad mostly on time, with some major tracking issues I blame on UPS. 

The real frustration is waiting on the Apple Pencil.  Apple must have had some sort of major manufacturing issue with the pencil.  They have been difficult to get, unless you camp out at the store, or were chosen to receive one due to your press status.  Reviews for the pencil have been overwhelmingly positive, with only a few minor gripes.  

I was able to spend a few minutes with the Apple Pencil at our local Apple Store. Not enough time to give it a real review.  However, it was enough time to say it was the best stylus experience I have ever had.  I have long wanted to get a Cintiq, but could not justify the purchase for my amateur artistic interests.  The iPad does what the Cintiq does and is a full featured iPad.

I'll just have to sit here waiting for my pencil to ship.