Keeping the phone locked down will only drive business away.
Things I would like to see available for iPhone development:
- A documented and semi-supported SDK provided by Apple.
- Ability to link to other iphone apps like the browser currently handles. If a user clicks on a phone number in my app it should allow them to call that number.Â Other integrations should also be supported.
- Ability to store data on the phone and have it be synced with the desktop. I could then provide desktop versions of my apps.
- Ability for 3rd party apps to access the internet via edge or wireless.
- Graphics and sound access for Games and such.
- I would really like to see the iPhone support Adobe AIR and / or flash apps running outside the browser. this is not likely to happen.
- Itunes integration of some kind for adding apps to the iphone.
- Ability to install apps to the iphone via edge or wireless networking.
- It would be really great if Apple did something like XBox live Arcade and provided a means for developers to sell their apps to iPhone customers.