Saturday, June 30, 2007

iPhone Rocks!

I got to the AT&T store yesterday at 5:00 pm To a line of 31 people. The line quickly grew to 50+, which was a problem as their were only 50 phones at the store. I waited for 2 hours to get into the store and got the 2nd to last 8 gig iPhone. The activation and setup process was perfect and quick. Syncing 5 gig of music to it took a while.

This is hands down the best phone I have ever used.

Pros:

  • Great, consistent interface

  • Easy to use and intuitive

  • It makes a great iPod, easy to find music, sounds really good

  • Surfing the web on it is almost perfect for a small device

  • I have only played with the phone part of it a little bit, but it was very easy to deal with and visual voice mail is wonderfull.


Cons:

  • The camera pretty much sucks, slow and poor in low light. I want this to be a great camera also. Maybe next version

  • 8 gig is not nearly enough. I don't want to carry a phone and a 60gig iPod. I'm sure future versions will have more storage.

  • There aren't enough places where the keyboard can be placed in landscape mode. Only the browser seems to supprort this.


I'll add more as I find them, it really is worth the hype.