Friday, May 14, 2004

Lunatic Fringe


L and I went with some friends to see Todd Rundgren and the Liars last night at the Neighborhood Theater. This was simply an amazing show. They were using a computer controled LED lighting system that was specificaly designed for this tour and it provided a truly unique look to the performance. I found some discussion of the stage setup here.

The set list included a bunch of material from the new Liar album, with some Utopia and Todd classics. My only complaint about the show was the volume. This is a loud rocking show and the venue was completely unable to contain it. I never really got used to how loud the show was and my ears are still ringing the morning after. I'm going to take some sort of ear protection for the next show I see.

If you get a chance to see this show do it. You won't regret it.


Current Music: Todd Rundgren "Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel"