Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Work, The Wall, and Music



Even though I enjoy my profesion. I like developing software. It's often very enjoyable. However, sometimes
I get really fed up with the whole thing. Sometimes work just sucks the fun out of everything.

A few things I have come to realize over the years:

  • Every project will be poorly spec'd out. You will never get all the requirements.

  • Every project has a dead line that in no way reflects how long it will actually take to get the work done.

  • Never believe it when your manager says that things will be better handled in the future.




Pink Floyd - The Wall
What an amazing movie. I have seen it several times now and everytime I watch the movie or listen to the album it affects me. Something about the story really hits home. I think we have all spent too much time building our own walls.


Got some new CD's recently that are worth mentioning.

Reverend Horton Heat - Space Heater
Wow! I had heard of them, but I never even thought I might like them. I can't wait to get back to the Used CD store and get more of their albums.

Southern Culture on the Skids - Zombified
I have and enjoy "Dirt Track Date". This album is just as much fun to listen to.

David Bowie - Reality
Another great disc from the always great Bowie.

A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Double WOW! As good as, if not better than "Mer De Noms".

Current Music: Spock's Beard "The Light"